Summary and Working Specifications
This device uses two table sensors for detecting radiation (Beta-2 and Beta-2M). While the cost of the device increased significantly due to the use of these sensors, they do allow this detector to detect and display radiation results for Beta- and Gamma- as two separate values. This the first time that a small, hand-held device can accurately measure the presence of Beta- and Gamma- values in products.
It is astonishing considering that this device weighs only 175 g / 6.2 oz (compared to the typical 10 kg / 25 lbs and above for an equivalent).
- simultaneous and separate evaluation of Gamma- and Beta-particles;
- ability to accumulate dose for two users (acts as a dosimeter);
- continuous evaluation with self-test and result correction;
- automatic re-test/re-set in case of sudden change in dose-rate or radiation flux-density;
- ability to show Background on display and excess of Background;
- short measurement cycle;
- measurement cycle decreases as the ambient radiation increases;
- ability to track measurement cycles;
- ability to change alarm thresholds for Beta- and Gamma-radiation;
- ability to choose audio or vibration alarm;
- calibration coefficient may be modified by the user.
You can find instruction for RD1008 here.